San Diego is fortunate to have several agencies dedicated to working to improve the lives of abused and at-risk children. In fact, we support several. In making your decision to partner with St. Germaine, please consider the following reasons to directly support our commitment to the most vulnerable and important people in San Diego County–our children.
1. Money donated directly to an agency may go into the general fund and be used for administration overhead, which can run as high as 35% in some agencies.
2. 100% of monies donated to St. Germaine goes to fund special projects for children which the agency has proposed through a formal Request for Proposal procedure.
3. St. Germaine’s grants to agencies are awarded only after each agency and its proposal have been rigorously scrutinized by St. Germaine’s PEC (Professional Evaluation Committee) and Board.
4. St. Germaine checks the financials of each agency and monitors the use of the grant funds: if such funds are not used as proposed, contracts are in place for recall of the money.
5. As an organization staffed by volunteers, St. Germaine Children’s Charity has a less than 1% overhead which is underwritten by membership dues. 100% of every donation goes directly to benefit abandoned, abused and neglected children.
6. We care how the monies are spent.
Donations may be sent to:
St. Germaine Children’s Charity
P.O. Box 2141
La Jolla, CA 92038
As a reminder, St. Germaine Children’s Charity is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and your gift is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please consult with your tax adivsor. Our Federal Tax ID # 20-5237325.